Hello, welcome to our recipes site. If you’re looking for Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe, look no further! We give you only the perfect Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe here, we also have wide variety of healthy tips and recipes to try. Learn how to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp with us, we hope you enjoy your stay, thank you and good luck.
Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp RecipePreptime: 12 Minutes Cooktime: 38 Minutes Serve: 1 Persons Nutrition: 249 calories.
You can cook japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare japanese katsu curry - chicken, pork & shrimp :
- Get KATSU FRY:
- Take 1 piece Chicken Breast
- Get 7 pieces Shrimp
- You need 2 pieces Pork Cutlet
- You need 1-2 pieces Egg
- Use 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Take 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- You need 2 cups Oil
- Get Iodized Salt
- Use Ground Black Pepper
- Provide CURRY SAUCE:
- Provide 2 tbsp Oil
- Prepare 1 bulb Garlic
- You need 2 pieces White Onion
- Use 2 pieces Carrot
- Use 2 pieces Potato
- Use 1 piece Red Bell Pepper
- You need 1 liter Water
- Use 4 cubes Curry Roux
- Get 3 tbsps Honey
- You need 3 tbsps Tomato Ketchup
- Provide SIDES:
- Prepare 3 cups Rice
- Use 3 pieces Egg
- Get Fukujinzuke
Steps to make Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp :
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the carrot and potatoes into cubes, about 1-inch thick. Cut the bell pepper into squares, about 3/4-inch. ©homebasedchef
- COOK THE CURRY SAUCE: Heat the pot over medium-high heat (160C). Add oil and sauté the garlic, followed by the onion. Add the carrots, potatoes and bell pepper and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add 1L of water and boil for about 10 minutes. Lower down the heat (120C) and add in the curry roux. Mix very well to make sure that the curry roux are all diluted.
- Add in the honey and tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure that the sauce doesn't stick on the bottom of the pot. The sauce will start to thicken. Turn the heat to low (70C) and continue cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the carrots and potatoes are cooked to your desired tenderness. You'll notice that the potatoes become smaller compared to its original cut size; the starch of the potato actually helps thicken the sauce.
- PREPARE THE MEATS FOR THE KATSU FRY: Make sure to wash the chicken, shrimp and pork with clean water and then drain them. - - To split the chicken breast in half: Place the boneless skinless chicken breast on a cutting board and hold it flat with your non-dominant hand. Then using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- To butterfly the shrimp: Pull off the heads and legs then peel off the shell leaving the tails on. Gently run the knife at the shrimp's back and remove the digestive tract or vein by lifting it out or by using a paper towel. If the vein breaks, run water through it to clean. Then make shallow slits on the shrimp to flatten and spread it like butterfly wings. Season with salt and pepper.
- To tenderize the pork: Make sure you have removed the skin to avoid curling when frying. Use the mallet to break up the muscle fibers of the meat. Do this on both sides of the meat until the thickness is reduced to half. If you don't have a mallet, you can use: - a knife, a fork or your fist. Season with salt and pepper.
- BREAD THE MEAT: Prepare your breading assembly line. You need three bowls or containers - for all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Cover the meat in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the meat in the egg. Cover the meat in breadcrumbs.
- COOK THE KATSU FRY: Heat frying oil in a pan. Make sure it is hot enough before you place your meat in it. To test, when you see the oil producing bubbles on the surface of the pan, drop a small piece of breadcrumb. If the oil reacts as desired, you can start frying. If the sample breadcrumb seems to absorb to oil, wait a bit til the oil is ready. Deep fry the meat until golden brown, make sure to flip on the other side for even cooking… chicken, shrimp and pork are pretty fast to cook.
- SERVE TO YOUR FAMILY: Curry is best served with steamed rice! Grab a plate, scoop a cup of steamed rice and spread it on the left part of the plate. Scoop a portion of the curry sauce, make sure to include potatoes, carrots and bell pepper and place it on the right part of the plate overlapping some of the rice. Place your preferred katsu meat on top of the curry sauce. And for the sides, you can add soft-boiled egg and fukujinzuke or pickled daikon radish. YUM!
If you find this Japanese Katsu Curry - Chicken, Pork & Shrimp recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck. Before you go, you can also check interesting healthy tips bellow.
Slimming Down Is Not Just About Boosting Your Health
A primary cause for individuals trying to lose weight is the fact that their doctor has indicated that they should do so and, no doubt, they fully grasp the possible benefits to their health. Current reports have documented the role that excessive weight plays in a large number of illnesses and health conditions. Anywhere you go you read about the serious repercussions of heart disease and increased blood pressure levels. Evidence aside, there are those who don’t feel that slimming down will substantially impact their health in a good way. In the following paragraphs we will take a look at a number of the other benefits that can be gained through carrying out a fat loss program.
A further positive effect of your fat loss may be a new belief in yourself, which will show in all parts of your life. This could help you to really feel more positive in your job aspirations and improve your relationships. The fact that you begin to see results from the targets you set for yourself in terms of losing weight may help you to attain targets in other areas of your life. Without a doubt, when individuals make positive comments with regards to your improved appearance, you will find that you feel more confident in yourself and this will come across in your communications with other people.
Check out this interesting product maybe it can help you
Therefore, even though the improvements to your health after shedding pounds should be an adequate reward, you can find numerous additional reasons to continue to be faithful to your fat loss program.